24 Jun 2014

....Is the new black!

So.....starting the Iron Hands infantry now at work and I find that I am resistant to painting them black. Why?

Cos it's well boring!

I'm more inclined to use a metallic finish to make them a bit more 'Iron-ey'. With this in mind I have decided to use a black base coat with a strong drybrushing of a dark metallic colour. I plumped for Gunmetal Blue and have finished this stage for the first thirty marines.


After this I am intending to paint the guns and bionics in a lighter gunmetal colour and then use a black wash to dull down the figure. After that I'll pick out any flesh and other details prior to varnishing. Should be a fairly straight forward job getting these done.

TTFN.

3 comments:

JamieM said...

Excellent stuff - wish i could use lunchtimes this productively.

And I think the FW official colour for Iron Hands is metallic with washes so you're in good company with that scheme.

Wargameshc said...

It's my favourite Colour!

Silverback said...

Looking good m8 - back in black